Author Topic: FIXED Gang base object bug  (Read 1029 times)

Offline ScreaM_

• Senior
  • GZS Administrator - SG Senior - LSV Member
  • Steam ID: -
FIXED Gang base object bug
« on: 29 December 2017, 12:02:03 »
Nickname:[SG]Ultimate
When did you discover the bug: Today 29/12/2017
What does the bug: There is a missing object in a gang base
Photo:

Im not sure if this is a bug or a change from IstuntmanI.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2017, 18:57:43 by IstuntmanI »

Offline DaNi_

• Junior
  • GZS ExAdministrator | Dani Boi [PT]
Re: Gang base object bug
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2017, 12:09:31 »
Yeah it's certainly a bug since theres an object missing. I guess stuntman knows why did that happen and he will fix it with no problem. Anyway, does this happen only in LSV base or in any other base? Please check it.

EDIT: I've connected to the server to check this bug and that's right, there's some object missing. I also went to check every other single base and apparently was all okay.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2017, 12:55:05 by DanieI »

Offline ScreaM_

• Senior
  • GZS Administrator - SG Senior - LSV Member
  • Steam ID: -
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2017, 13:01:17 »
I found where the missing object is,it is at /lsa and stuntman noticed before that objects appear there where when they shouldn't be in that place.

Offline IstuntmanI

• GZS Owner
  • Administrator
  • Cyborg
  • Steam ID: istuntmani
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2017, 17:09:10 »
I guess stuntman knows why did that happen and he will fix it with no problem.
Nope. I literally have no idea right now. I added safety checks in the code before, but I don't see any warning to be triggered. I think that's caused by house items, but I don't know how they were able to move an object from the LSV base, before they could do that only with /lsair objects (the house interior is in /lsair). It is the same bug. They shouldn't be able to edit regular objects, just their houses' items.

One idea of mine is that a LSV member was somehow able to edit house items and then he got spawned and was able to edit a regular object like that, but I have no idea how.

Offline Hoodini

• Junior
  • Steam ID: Hiroshirusky
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2017, 18:08:35 »
I've tested something , i can't move anything but it's a bug i guess :

1. Have a house
2. Place something in the house
3. Select the Change option and Manual Selection
4. Ask an admin to spawn you
5. Boom , now you can see uhm.. idk how to call it here's a screenshot of what i mean http://prntscr.com/htupcd

ALSO : When you select "Change" and "Manual selection" it lets you do what i did in the screenshot above with the house floor , walls etc.

I've tested teleporting yourself and leaving the house , so far only being spawned by an admin "worked" , probably there is a way to do it so you can change items but i haven't found it
« Last Edit: 29 December 2017, 18:09:14 by Hoodini.icsde »

Offline IstuntmanI

• GZS Owner
  • Administrator
  • Cyborg
  • Steam ID: istuntmani
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2017, 18:57:34 »
<>
You are right. I knew about that possibility of having the selection GUI when you are not in a house, but you can't actually select one of the regular objects like that.

I tested further based on what Hoodini said and I actually found how to reproduce this bug ! This bug is pretty old, I wonder why it wasn't discovered before (probably because it isn't too easy to get out of the house without the editing GUI being cancelled). It happened when you were editing a house item and somehow you got teleported outside (spawned or any other way, excepting regular way of exiting a house). When you got teleported you had to find the object that had that editing GUI transfered to it.

In the next version I added some additional checks that will definitely fix it. Thanks for reporting and thanks to Hoodini for giving me an idea about how to test it further and actually reproduce the bug ! We will no longer see random objects at '/lsair'.

:topicclosed:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal